8B Scholarship Programs
8B Education Investments empowers ambitious African students to study in leading global universities by providing them with the financial resources to bridge any gaps in the available funding.
Global University Scholarship
North American University Scholarship
Who is eligible to apply for the Scholarship?
- For Global University Scholarship – Be accepted at, or enrolled in, a full-time degree program at a school that 8B Africa supports and have attended an 8B partner program, school/university in Africa in the last 10 years
- For North American Scholarship – Be an international student allowed to legally study in the U.S., this means the applicant is either a U.S. or Canadian permanent resident, or has a valid visa that permits study in the U.S or Canada
How can I apply for this scholarship?
All eligible students must complete the application form and submit the essay, whether or not you are an 8B.Africa borrower.
Must I have my visa approved by the time I apply?
If you plan to study abroard, you must have your visa stamped in your passport by the closing date of the competition.
When is the deadline for application of the scholarships?
The application deadline is July 30 2023.
How will the winners be selected?
8B will review each application in full and select winners based on a variety of factors including (but not limited to):
- An essay exhibiting clear thinking, effective communication skills, and a persuasive articulation of the applicant’s goals and vision.
- The strength of the connection between the applicant’s intended field of study and their future aspirations.
- The potential of the applicant to become a leader, or change-maker who can make a positive impact.
- Engagement with the 8B community, events and social media (likes, shares, and comments)
How many scholarships are offered?
8B offers 2 unique scholarships, the first is for African students studying anywhere in the world, the second is for African students studying in North America
When is the deadline to apply?
The application deadline for this cycle is 11:59 p.m. Eastern Standard Time (EST) on July 31, 2023.
When will the winners be notified?
We expect to notify the winners within 4 weeks of the deadline.
When and how do the winners receive the scholarship funds?
Once the winners have been chosen by 8B, their eligibility will be confirmed. Once the verification process is complete, a Release will be sent to all winners. Upon receipt of the signed Release from a winner, 8B will transfer the funds directly to their college or university, in compliance with any relevant U.S., Canadian or international laws. If a winner is unable to pass the verification process, or declines to sign the Release, they will no longer be eligible for the scholarship. In such a scenario, 8B will choose an alternate winner as a replacement.